Monday, July 26, 2010

What is the best advice you can give for a teenager about school?

Okay, I am in the 9th grade, and this year, I went to a prep high school. I am switching back to public school, and ive realized that EVERYONE has changed. Whether is was sending nude pictures around school, having sex in the bathroom, drinking, or doing drugs. I was shocked to realize what was happening. I deffinetly think this year has changed me a lot, but in a good way. It has taught me a lot about life, but im still kind of nervous for 10th grade at the other school. Im afraid that I wont stay true to myself and end up having sex and doing drugs? Help, I need advice! By the way, im 14. OH, and im sorry that this doesn't belong in womens health, but I thought a lot of girls that have been through high school would be on here, so I thought this was the best place to post. :)What is the best advice you can give for a teenager about school?
Every school has its cliques (popular kids, jocks, nerds, druggies, etc). That's an unavoidable fact no matter where you are. High schools are not bad teen Lifetime movies... Everywhere has some kids who are into experimenting, and partying. As you should already know, choose your friends wisely. If someone starts leading you down a road you don't want to go down, stop being friends with him/her. You'll be fine.What is the best advice you can give for a teenager about school?
It's alright to be nervous but stick up for yourself. If you don't want to have sex, don't do it and don't let anyone pressure you into it. If you don't want to experiment with drugs or drinking, don't. Tell your friends your not into that sort of thing, they should understand. If they don't, and your uncomfortable, maybe you should try meeting new friends...


High school is a great experience, just know going in, if you don't want to do something, you don't have to. It looks a lot better if you say no and really mean it, than if you say no and do it anyway, because you were pressured, then people think they can take advantage of that...just try to be confident in yourself.
Okay honestly high schools are not that bad! Grow a back bone dear. If you stick to your morals and your ethics first and foremost you will do well. You do learn a lot about this life in high school, where else would you learn. High school is not the place to experiment. Work hard now and when you are older it will pay off.
In all honesty, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do.


My group of friends do have wild parties, but they don't care if you don't want to do something.


It's all good.


Make friends that don't care if you refuse to do something...because they're actually real friends.


If you're going to experiment with stuff...


don't do too much, or do it smart.


Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine!
Well I had of that experience to in my middle school.Try to make friend who are not doing drugs,and sex in the bathroom.Stay out of trouble.Alot of people have party's at there house check it out because usally end's up drug's and sex.My advice would stay away from those people.
do whatever you want to dont let peer pressure effect u.
i go to private
well I'm 19 and graduated in may and i spent three years in a public high school it was a small school but still had the drinking and sex going on and i never did drugs or was drinking or had sex cuz i wanted to be a roll model for my nephews to look up to and others kids or teenagers to see that it is possible to stay a virgin though high school and not drink or do drugs so just stand ur ground and if u don't want to do something just say no and stick to it no matter what cuz later in life it's what u think of urself as that matters and not what ppl think so as long as u stand for ur beliefs ur'll be fine and don't do something just becuz everyone is doing it be different and most of all be urself and if ppl don't like it then u don't need them as Friends cuz ur true friends won't try and talk u into doing something u don't want or not ready to do yet so be strong and ur life is just beginning so good luck and make good choices. and if u ever need to talk just e-mail me, i have the e-mail thing open for ppl to e-mail me so i wish u luck.:)
Well I left high school a long time ago but I know it is difficult cause you may feel the need to fit in but in all your efforts remain true to yourself don't change to be popular or do what everybody else is doing I know it is not easy but for me it worked I never did what the rest were doing believe me being popular does not determine how you will turn out in life but be focused on your school work at all times remember ';time lost can never be regained';. If you have any further troubles talk to your parent/parents you are young and smart take care of yourself and make the best out of your life.
don't give in to peer pressure.





the only drug i'd ever recommend is weed, but even that you should wait until you're a little bit older. if anyone offers you anything, simply say no. i'm an upcoming junior in high school.. all my friends are seniors, and neither me nor my friends could care less if someone doesn't wanna smoke or drink with us. we'll still chill with them. and i know a lot of the kids around here are the same (they won't mind if you decline 'partying' with them) so i doubt you have anything to worry about. high school really isn't how movies make it out to be... although yours seems like it might be, because i can't say i know anyone whos had sex in the bathroom.. that's kind of gross.





anyway, don't even worry. just be you. if you don't wanna do anything that you have to second-guess, don't. it's that simple. if anyone has a problem with that, fxck them.
Hang out with people who mainly don't do these things. And if some of your friends do try these things then you just don't do it with them. I was very focussed in high school and really got good marks, etc., but never felt left out or unpopular. It is possible :)





When you stand by your own ideals and morals for yourself, people respect that and anyone who doesn't respect that isn't really someone you want to be around.





Also, I think you will find that it is only a small group that does all this stuff you mentioned. It just seems like everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment