Thursday, July 29, 2010

What advice do you have for a late-bloomer teenager?

I feel so young. I don't go to dances at all, I hang out a little but can't stay up very late. I've never dated (I don't really want to, and my parents would strongly disapprove) I don't want to embrace any of the ';bad'; things teenagers do but I wanna loosen up a little. How can I come across less nerdy/childish and more cool or older? Please don't say ';just be yourself';, becaues I AM myself, I just need to FIND myself.What advice do you have for a late-bloomer teenager?
maybe you should talk to your parents about letting you stay out a little later. I'm 15 and my parents have let me stayed out as late as 1. but maybe 11 is good for you right now (that's how long I usually stay at a friend's house). 1 is more for parties (like birthday parties, sweet16s, etc..)





if you wanna become ';cool'; just don't let people pressure you into doing things you don't want to do. make sure you actually WANT to do these things like stay out late. no one can make you ';older';. it comes from you growing, learning, and experiencing.





I hope this helps =]What advice do you have for a late-bloomer teenager?
This is such a sweet question! Believe it or not, even the coolest of the cool kids ask themselves the same things. Of course you are finding yourself because that is what is completely normal for your age.





Try a little make over. Maybe a new haircut or color (not too drastic). Maybe a little make up. The new you will give you a spurt of self esteem.
Hi, im new to this but heres what you could do,


join some school sports ( one that you're good at )


get a stylish haircut, i know bangs are riht now, side swept and thick straights. So yes. hope i've been helpfull. =)
You have to be a little more smarter. Do you know how to out smart your parents? You have to organize your thoughts, but always remember what your parents say in case you get caught up in some trouble. No matter what they say, it is always true. Have fun, explore the wild life, it out there. Please do not try to grow up so fast, stay young. You have a whole life ahead of you, don't go crashing into a brick wall, there is so much I can say. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!
Me, You sound like a mature sensible untried girl, please do not change and become like all the rest ! I was a very shy young man, and true I did miss out on alot of things but as a 47 year old man there is still gonna be joy when I share them with my eternal Honey !!! Love Kenny
Everyone goes through that awkward adolescence phase, wishing they could just grow up fast. By the time you're in your twenties you'll wish you wouldn't age so fast. Appreciate the time you have.
Just hang out with friends and have fun! You won't have to worry about falling into the things that teenagers do wrong [[like drinking and drugs and stuff]] if you are choosing the correct people to hang out with. If your friends ask you to hang out and you can get a ride, ask your parents if you can stay out a little late. Or have fun setting up a surprise party for a friend. Just hang out, chill out, and have fun. Stick to your morals and become more open with your life. You'll be fine!
idk what to tell you...i'm just the same thing...no joke... i don't wanna do drugs or drink and i don't get to kick it with my friends alot... i prbably could but i don't date... but the only thing to say is who cares if you're a little ';nerdy';...maybe if you're good at sports or a hobby you could join that...jocks are never ';nerdy'; ;)...hang out with the people you feel comfortable with and don't try so hard to be ';cool';...good luck!
Be patient. Maybe through music or a club at school you can find a friend that is more like you.
If you're not ready to date, don't date (that would be no fun for the guy!) And if you don't like dances, no one's making you go. But I would try to embrace your social life- I don't mean go to parties and sneak out and drink. Just get yourself a good group of friends that won't judge you for who you are and bond with them. Go out on friday nights to grab pizza with them and go bowling. Go to the movies with more than 4 kids so it's a nice group setting and get ice cream after and just talk. Go get coffee and bring some fun games like Balderdash and Scattergories with you and get into it.


Your friends are the ones that will help you find a happy medium of enjoying your growing years and also being safe and happy. It worked for me! :)
You're right, you don't want to be a model ';bad'; teenager. It seems like you're parents may be a little strict. I would join in after school activities with a large amount of people. It would be approved by your parents and you could meet more people and get your social life going. Also, most people are attracted to those that are involved in things. Don't be afraid to ask new friends over, or to the movies or to have a get together. You can have fun and get to know some really great friends, which will not only boost your confidence but your social status.
Ahh the question of the teenaged mind. This is a sign of getting cooler and older. All teenagers ask this question. You're not nerdy or childish for not wanting to go on dates. You're just antisocial and there is no problem with that at all. Its cool to see that you're not pressured at all to be like most teenagers. This is also a sign of cool-ness and maturity :] I am trying to stay as young as possible because I have the rest of my life to be old! haha. My issue is the opposite of yours. Well, anyways, good luck and have fun doing whatever you decide to do!
Just go up to some one that is REALLY nice and you kow wont be REALLy ';mean and be like hi my name is ______';


And mabey throw in a compliment!!!
My! you triggered flashbacks to my high school years. I too was a late bloomer and pretty nerdy. I think you will probably be more reserved than most people, for the rest of your young adult life. To become a bit more outgoing, I joined the acting classes at my college. It helped a lot! Since yo are younger you can probably do this at your high school and get a head start. Acting really gets you out of you shell and you make new outgoing friends. I think that since you know what you want, you are going to be just fine. Don't try to change too much though. Teenage years are awkward and you will probably find yourself in your mid 20's. So don't be in a hurry.
Be more social.
Try to get involved more at school and with friends.Playing sports and joing clubs with help you come out of your shell. All you are lacking is some confidence.
getting older is for the birds...one day, you're young and look like you always do, next thing you know, you ache, you're tired , look like a bucket of garbage and nothing is very much fun. enjoy it, it doesn't last as long as you think..
I felt like you, so i started to learn the guitar and plan on starting a band, it made me feel older and i made loads of new friends doing it. We hang out alot and don't do any of the bad things other teenagers do to look more grown up. You don't have to learn the guitar, just do something you like or something you haven't done before. have fun :)
You are too caught up in the scene at school.


Get your parents to join you in looking for a pottery class or a modern dance class after school, but not *at* school.........just break away from the same old things so you can find some nice people for after school ..do something 'grown-up', I think you will feel better....in addition, I think you might enjoy looking ahead about going to college or business school ... I don't quite get


how old you are, but you do need to think about yourself and what you would like to do....





x
1. Find a close knit of friends that will love you no matter what. Then, they can introduce you to even more friends, and you won't be afraid to loosen up around them.





2. If you don't want to date, then at least try to approach guys. Get to know them, and become friends. Variety is always good :)





3. Make a Myspace if you don't have one already. It will help you connect more with people at your school.





4. Make a list. Of things that you want to do before you're off to college. And be sure to include a few spontaneous things that will push you out of your comfort zone. :)





5. Lastly, don't be afraid of what other people think of you. Go with the flow and have a laid back attitude, and make sure not to worry too much :)
trust me, everything falls into place as you grow up. you don't want to 'try' to find yourself, then you just end up being somebody you're not. Let life take its course and you will see. you sound mature to me. stay that way. if you simply want to loosen up, then go to the school dances and dance your little heart out. ask the boys to dance.
well you just need to take ur time maybe if you try really hard something fanstic will happen to you!!!
Stop
network...make some friends


and work your way up the popularity ladder


but don't do stuff like drugs, ';home-runs';, etc.
If you don't go to dances or hang out,you must spend that time doing SOMETHING....right........?


Do you have hobbies?.....what interests you?


Ask those Questions to yourself and try to find ways to get in other activities that involve people with similar interests.





Just because you don't dance, hang out or date really doesn't make a difference of who are. ..(.I know you asked us not to say that but I'm going somewhere with this)





I don't think your biggest problem is FINDING yourself, I think you need to FIND SOMETHING to do with people who like to do the same things you like to do..





You say you feel young ,yet you are probably more responsible and grown up than many of your peers...





I live in a real small town and there are all kinds of groups who advertise events in the local paper....everything from reading clubs to gardening workshops....





Just keep your mind busy with things you like and DISCOVERY will be made.......
Hey there,





I'm a seventeen year old girl and I totally know how your feeling right now. You dont want to mix with the wrong crowd but it seems like all the ';cool'; people are IN that crowd!


I found it really hard to decide whether I wanted to be involved with the cool crowd and do bad things or stick to myself and get somewhere in life! All I can say, is that at the end of the day, when you get to about 20 or 25 there is no such thing as the cool crowd. All the people that used to be ';cool'; are stuck working in wallmart! You'll be the one with a hugh paying job and a career and the roles will have reversed.


At the end of the day. Just stay true to youself and your heart will lead you in the right direction.





hope this helped





xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment