Monday, July 26, 2010

Advice with my violent teenager?

My daughter is 15 and for the past year and a half has turned very violent. She has hit and kicked me on numerous occasions(also her step-dad) when she does not get her own way. She calls her 3 year old sister evil and tells me to keep her out her face or shes next. My husband and i have now split up through this with him moving out the house as he can take it no longer. She laughs at this and tells me that its not her problem. I really cant take this any more, i have tried punishing her by taking away her phone and other possessions but when my back is turned she will go find them and sneak them back into her room. When i confront her about this she lashes out by punching and kicking me and tells me she hates me. I really dont know what to do...................... i really wish i could just walk away, when she gos to bed i just dread morning coming as i know it will start again.Help any advice.Advice with my violent teenager?
I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your daughter. Teenage girls can often be a handful even more so than boys sometimes.


It must be awful that you have to live in fear of your daughter, and sometimes there is very little that you can do in these situations.


I can only suggest that you try and get a physiologist to see if there is an underlying problem that may be causing these violent outbursts.


You may have to consider that she may be using drugs which can often change peoples characters dramatically. This is common with young people.


It is very hard to know the best way to discipline children of that age. They can rebel in many ways and parents will often face an uphill struggle to get any sense of control.


It may be a difficult decision to make, but maybe kicking your daughter out may be a good idea, especially if she posses a threat to your younger daughter. You can contact social services to arrange that she is looked after, as the government has a duty of care for 15 year ODs.


Maybe a bit of time apart will make her appreciate you and realise that her behaviour is unacceptable. Tough love can sometimes work. I hope that things work out for you.Advice with my violent teenager?
she sounds out of control for sure, try some major mental health intervention, program because this will not go away, there are issues here that sound very serious and she needs professional help and is still of minor child that you have legal control over
sounds like something traumatic happened to her

No comments:

Post a Comment