Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm a teenager, and two friends recently died. Any advice?

Hi. Three of my classmates have passed away in the last 11 months, 2 to suicide, 1 to an accident. The most recent was closest to me, and it's been about a month and a half but I'm having trouble dealing. My friends all are too, and I've always been very there for my friends and I always give them advice and they come to me for support. Right now I'm having trouble sorting through my own problems, and I cant stop this constant anxiety about my other friends. I feel like I want to do something to help them, because what if one of them dies next?


Yes, that's how bad it is, we've gotten to the stage where I'm wondering who is next.


Anyway, any advice on reducing anxiety and helping my friends?I'm a teenager, and two friends recently died. Any advice?
i lost a friend to suicide, and let me just tell you it's no easy place to be. the anxiety is completely normal. i was really worried about my friends, especially cause they were all really close to him. if you see your friends showing the same signs your classmates did than tell a counselor. and that's all you can do. it sucks, and you want so bad to be able to help but all you can do is be there for your friends. i went to counseling. and it helped a whole lot. it helps to talk to an adult because sometimes when you talk to your friends they just end up making you feel worse or having more questions than you had before. talking to an adult will help you sort through your own problems, and if your friends have the same questions you could help them too. and once again the anxiety is normal. when my friends would leave my house i would be so scared that it'd be the last time i would see them. but it teaches you to treasure each moment you have with them and and to make up after arguments.





hang in there. and be strong.I'm a teenager, and two friends recently died. Any advice?
well first off u shoudl go c a counselor or therapist and get ur emotions in check and then later on u can tell with ur friends issues later because u cant just help others u need to help urself as well...when u get straightened out then u will know what to do or say to help ur friends better cope with ur lose.





Hope that u feel better soon!
i offer my deepest sympathy.it will hurt but remember they r in a better place.
you definetly need someone to talk to... talking will help... dont try to keep your grieving in..
I'm ver sorry the only thing you can really do is be there for them maybe it could be possible to hold a support group and have them talk about their feelings. Good luck and sorry for your losses.
Sounds like you're not in a great position to be helping your friends. Just concentrate on yourself for a while. A month and a half is not a long time to sort through your feelings. Try some professional counselling if you can arrange it.

No comments:

Post a Comment