Thursday, July 29, 2010

Seek advice for purchase of computer for teenager?

We are buying a computer for my nephew who's 17 and still in school. I'd like to get him a laptop as I have a Compaq Presario C727US and am having good luck with it. I'm not tech-savvy -- I seek advice whether to purchase a new computer or will a used one be adequate? And can we get away with no having a service agreement, or can you get one for a used laptop? Have until October 1st to do this. I'd really appreciate all and any advices as I may as well be buying a car I have no knowledge to defend myself with -- hoping to hear from the masked answerers, I remain, sincerely yours, Seek advice for purchase of computer for teenager?
As a rule, I don't generally advise people to purchase a laptop unless they have a real need for it. You usually pay more, get less, and they are not user-friendly and more expensive when it comes to upgrading or replacing bad parts.





Since your nephew is in school, I'm assuming he'll use it for schoolwork, and that's a real need. I saw a pretty decent laptop on tigerdirect.com for $450 recently. Computer Shopper August 2008 issue also has an article on ';how to shop for a laptop.'; Check out www.computershopper.com/laptops for full reviews.








Seek advice for purchase of computer for teenager?
first of all how much u willing to spend? does he play games on the computer? if yes than buy him a desktop not a laptop.


i would buy him a new computer as the technologies changes very fast. so he wont be upset within few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment