Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am a very confused teenager who really needs help, is there anybody who can give me a little bit off advice?

I'm 15 turning 16, and I feel so depressed. When I was younger I was so happy I loved and adored my family and then my dad died... everything turned rubbish. I Hate my high school and I'm at my last year thank god! I am an average student achieving B's but I'm going to try much harder because I want to do something in my life which is high expected in a way. I've already talked to a therapist but she didn't help me in anyway, I have no idea what to do - I find it very hard to open up to talk to people and tell them how I feel because number 1. I don't know what to say and lastly I get so angry at everything... I honestly do feel like just ending everything - I want to be me when I was younger not someone who cries everyday - I also had my first kiss last summer with a boy I hardly knew (I've never had a boyfriend just wanted to see how kissing is like) and I felt like a total waste of space afterwards really disappointed in myself. I love the feeling off protection but I have no-one which provides that for me. I also love meeting new people but I feel so scared and insecure now to even talk or care about peopleI am a very confused teenager who really needs help, is there anybody who can give me a little bit off advice?
hi honey-ive been through all this myself-i had depression from when i was 14 and wasnt diagnosed until i was 18-it was really hard but somehow i managed-i actually spoke to the school nurse and even today shes one of my close friends-im 22 now :) if u cant spk 2 anyone maybe go to ur doctor? life is hard at times,i lost my grandad 2 years ago-i lived with him for 9 years so he was like a dad 2 me,and i never thought id feel happy again but time really does help-try focusing on good times u had with ur dad rather than the bad bits-i hope this helps,even just a teeny bit!!


mail me if u want someone to listen xxxI am a very confused teenager who really needs help, is there anybody who can give me a little bit off advice?
see another theripist you didnt click with that one get help a greveing time is needed but you must talk about your los . get help time will heal you
I'm 16 and I can honestly say that about 75% of what you're feeling is down to teenage hormones, the whole aspiring to be something good, depression, riding the emotional roller-coaster of ups and downs, feeling randomly angry at people, unable to open up, insecurity, fear, crying, wanting it to all be over. Also, everyone looks back on their childhood fondly because most of us were blissfully ignorant to what was going on around us.


You say that a therapist isn't helping you, but don't forget therapy is a two way street. You have to give it time and really try. Your dad passing must make this a million times worse and I have lost a lot of people in my life so I'm roughly aware of what that is like but I'm not going to pretend I know exactly how you feel on that aspect.


The only thing we can hope is that everything gets easier with time. I know it sounds bad now, I hate it myself. I know there is nothing I can say to you except you are not alone in feeling like this. That may not help you now and I know it didn't help me. But seriously the more you to talk to people our age the more you realize that we all feel the same even if it's not shown.
The first step is helping yourself you, it's hard to attract anyone or make friends when you don't like yourself firstly or when your fighting a battle with yourself. I think that therapy really does help but maybe you didn't have the right one. You have to be willing to talk to people. Maybe if you kept a journal it would be a way of expressing yourself then you could share the journal with the therapist. I think what you need now is someone you can trust, and someone that will listen to you. I am studying psychology right now so if you want to talk at all let me know and I will see what I can do about helping you with an outlet and getting over trust issues, as well as being insecure.
It's a very confusing time in your life.


Try keeping a journal, write a little something everyday. It may help to identify certain times, or things that make you feel worse. Then you can focus on how to change those things.


As for talking to new people that's hard to do for a slot of people. Try to notice people who seem shy. A lot of time they will be awesome people to get to know. Just start slowly. If they are wearing a band shirt, ask them what other types of music do they like. If you notice them drawing, talk to them about art.

No comments:

Post a Comment