Monday, July 26, 2010

ADVICE PLEASE! advice needed for a teenager with friendship problems...?

Hi. I have a problem, and please help me. I am completely, completely obsessed (and posessed) with the musical/movie Rent. I am one of the biggest Rentheads out there. I love it so much, that I sort of think its my baby and when one of my friends tells me they love it too or talks about it, I start competing with Rent trivia to show them that I like it more. I don't want any of my friends to like it too, and when they do i get mad at them. Its caused fights before, and I want to be able to shar the thing that brings so much joy into my life. WHAT SHOULD I DO?ADVICE PLEASE! advice needed for a teenager with friendship problems...?
Simple answer: Quit being ridiculous. Grow up. Share things, and don't argue about such petty things. Realize it's NOT your baby. Just stop it already!





Fights over Rent?! Pffft!ADVICE PLEASE! advice needed for a teenager with friendship problems...?
just chill out a little and spend minimal time taling about RENT so your friend dont A. think u are an obsesed freak (which im sure u arent) and B. think u r just trying to show off


tlak about other stuff.. music other than songs in RENT


clothes, school, celebrities., OTHER movies.oo oh yes and BOYSSSS BOYSS BOYSSS
Get some new friends to accept you for what you like and believe.
I love Rent as well and find myself talking about it with strangers. Try to control the urge to get competetive. Maybe you should get involved in theatre. It will help you wind down the obsession maybe.
WOW! If you guys are fighting over a movie.....then you're not real friends..... if you're that hung up over a movie where you'll get mad at your friends for liking it, then you're not a real friend. U should really think about what u want in your life.....a movie that u can watch whenever or friends you can talk to, play with, cry with, lie with, laugh with, get in trouble with for breaking curfew or telling them about your first kiss, first whatever!!!!etc......don't be a dork with the only memory u have is a movie.....
You sound very immature. You need to really look at your behavior and the motivation behind it. You may also want to look at the consequences and the affect it may be having on your personal relationships? Is it really worth it to be so selfish and so obsessed? I doubt it!
get friends with similar interests and u dont have to mention it anymore to your curent friends
With something like that its never good to be obsesses is ok if its ur favorite movie but its not worth a fight
seek counseling
Rent is an awesome movie/musical. I would love to have a friend who knows that much about Rent! But, I have a similar problem. I LOVE Ultimate Frisbee. Its my life .. and my friends hate it, but i just told them to get over it .. they do stuff that bothers me too, but we're still friends, because we accept eachother for who we are.
  • mor
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment